Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese
There is something very comforting about dipping simple grilled cheese triangles (yes… Must be triangles!) into homemade tomato soup! It warms the soul!!! Check out this homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese recipe that is also 21 Day Fix approved. Ingredients
- SOUP INGREDIENTS: (serves 6)
- 4 large tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 2 medium sweet bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (15oz) – Canned Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp of Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp – Dried Basil
- 1 tbsp – Italian Seasoning
- 2 tsp – Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 tsp – Red Pepper Flakes
- SANDWICH INGREDIENTS: (serves 1)
- 2 slices of Ezekiel Bread
- 1/4 cup – shredded cheese (I prefer cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 450. Line two baking sheets with foil and place tomatoes face down on one and onions and peppers face down in the other.
- Drizzle coconut oil on vegetables.
- Roast onions and peppers for 20 minutes. Enclose them with foil and let stand 10-15 minutes. Pull off charred skin from peppers.
- Preheat broiler on high and place tomatoes on top rack for 5 minutes.
- In a blender (and you may need to do 2 batches), combined peppers, tomatoes, onions, canned tomatoes, seasoning, and broth and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle cheese in between two slices of bread and grill over medium heat until browned and crispy.
- Don’t forget!!! Cut your grill cheese in triangles , dip, and ENJOY!!
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents
- 2 Green – Tomato, Peppers, Onions
- 2 Yellow – Bread
- 1 Blue – Cheese
- 1 tsp